1st Team Match Reports 2013/14

Saturday 17th August 2013

Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Dolgellau 1 v 2 Bow Street

There was an excellent start for Bow Street and their new manager, Phil Evans, as they began their campaign in atrocious weather conditions with a hard fought win in Dolgellau.

With a number of players unavailable, Bow Street fielded a very young team with only assistant manager Nick Smith over the age of 23 in the starting line up. Sixteen years old, Lee Morgan and Tomos Williams started and Paul Keegan came off the bench.

The first half was goalless, with goalmouth incidents at both ends, but Bow Street had more possession and impressed with their passing game in difficult conditions.

The visitors took the lead early in the second half when, after excellent approach work by Gwion ap Dafydd, Neil Evans was at the far post to score the first goal of the season. The home side equalised almost immediately when a defensive mix up gave Lee Morgan no chance in the visitors goal.

The winning goal came with 25 minutes to go, when Evans scored his second with a header from a corner. The remainder of the game was dominated by Bow Street who could have scored many more goals. The fitness of the young team showed up well as Street closed the game comfortably.

New Manager Phil Evans said, ‘I am absolutely delighted with three points in our first game away from home, and very pleased with the commitment the players are giving me. But, it is only one game, and we look forward to our next now – a tough challenge against Aberaeron on Wednesday.

Team: Lee Morgan, Neil Evans (Paul Keegan), Ian Evans (capt), Owain James, Lee Jones, Danny Evans, Nicky Smith, Matthew Pemberthy (Hywel Evans), Conor Berner, Tomos Williams (Stephen Harrison), Gwion ap Dafydd, Subs – Steff Richards.

Wednesday 21st August 2013

Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Bow Street 0 v 2 Aberaeron

Bow Street suffered a frustrating night at Cae Piod as they went down 2-0 against Ceredigion rivals Aberaeron. These were two very much changed sides with some key personnel missing on both team sheets, notably ex street striker Mattie Davies who had been red carded the previous Saturday for Aberaeron.

The opening exchanges were a mixed affair with neither team getting any stronghold on the game and no real chances at either end mainly down to a lack of quality and cutting edge in the final third.

Both teams emerged from the half time break with more purpose and certainly the magpies showed much more attacking threat with Neil Evans making good progress down the right flank and Gwion Ap Dafydd running himself into the ground up front. The game’s talking point was 10 minutes into the second period when a defensive mix up between street defender and goalkeeper saw the ball cross the line and despite the attempts of Lee Morgan to retrieve the situation the linesman duly awarded the goal and Aberaeron went 1-0 up very much against the run of play. 10 minutes later Aberaeron high tower Sion Clarke was shown a straight red for what appeared to be a dangerous tackle on youngster Paul Keegan. Street now began to pile on the pressure, with seemingly little attacking threat from the away side. Bow Street continued to attack and Evans continued his threatening runs and hit the woodwork with a powerful effort. As the last quarter played out street continued to press, introducing stalwart Steve Harrison and globe trotter Dean Evans but neither could make the breakthrough. Aberaeron sealed matters with a minute to go as street piled forward, with a cool finish from their striker as the magpies played a high line.

Street boss Phil Evans remained upbeat – ‘despite the disappointment of losing our first home game after a good away result in Dolgellau I’m pleased with the performance. This young side will only get better and as a team in transition everybody can see the bigger picture. We have to dust ourselves off and prepare for Saturday’s home game v Llansantffraid where we need a result’.

Team: Lee Morgan, Owain James, Ian Evans, Danny Evans, Hywel Evans (Syeffan Richards 80), Tom Williams (Dean Evans 60), Nick Smith (Stephen Harrison 50), Neil Evans, Paul Keegan, Matthew Pemberthy, Gwion Ap Dafydd

Saturday 24th August 2013

Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Bow Street 1 v 0 Montgomery

Bow Street looked to bounce back from their midweek loss to Aberaeron against a much changed Montgomery side from last season. With Ian Evans, Matthew Pemberthy, Lee Jones and Hywel Evans away and an injury to Nick Smith in midweek, Phil bought in Callum Ferrieria, Iolo Ap Dafydd and Ifan Burrell to the starting lineup along with Dean Evans who was making his first start in over a year after his exploits abroad.

Bow Street started the game brightly and were quickly into their passing rhythm making it very hard for the Monty midfield and backline to cope with the movement of Ifan Burrell and the wide men of Iolo Ap Dafydd and Neil Evans in particular. However a lack of quality in the final third of the pitch meant that the first half ended goalless.

The second half followed the pattern of the first half  with Bow Street continuing to keep possession up until the final third of the pitch. The magpies thought they’d broken the dead lock after 65 minutes when Gwion Ap Dafydd tested the goalkeeper with a stinging drive, which he could only parry into the path of Neil Evans who slotted into an empty net to send the players and supporters into celebrations, however this was short lived after the Assistant Referee raised her flag to award Neil offside. The breakthrough however came shortly when Neil Evans was played in by Gwion Ap Dafydd and he slotted past the advancing keeper into the far corner for his 3rd goal in as many games.

Phil was pleased with this sides victory: ‘Having lost in midweek it was important we were able to bounce back quickly and I’m pleased with the way the lads responded today. Even though Montgomery were a much changed team from last season they still were a good team and well organised in defence. At times our build up play into the final third of the pitch was excellent but we were lacking that cutting edge in our final ball and in front of goal. We finally got the breakthrough with another Neil Evans goal and I’m pleased we were able to get our first home victory. The lads showed great build up play today and even though we were lacking in the final third I think this will eventually come good the fitter we get and it’s also the first time a number of these lads have played together.’

Team: Lee Morgan, Callum Ferreira, Owain James, Danny Evans, Stephen Harrison, Gwion Ap Dafydd, Tomos Williams, Neil Evans, Iolo Ap Dafydd (Paul Keegan 85), Dean Evans (Conor Berner 70), Ifan Burrell. Subs: Steffan Richards, John James

Saturday 31st August 2013

Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Bow Street 4 v 0 Llansantffraid

Bow Street notched up their second home victory in consecutive games with a comfortable win over Llansantffraid. Matthew Pemberthy, Hywel Evans and Conner Berner came into the starting lineup in place of the injured Dean Evans, Owain James and Gwio Ap Dafydd.

Bow Street started the game brightly with Neil Evans and Ifan Burrell causing the Llansantffraid defence problems with their pace. The first big chance of the game came after 15 mins when Iolo Ap Dafydd was put through, his shot was well saved by the Llansantffraid keeper and even Ifan Burrell putting the ball over from 6 yards out. Bow Street failed to convert another good chance after Neil Evans crossed for Tom Williams who was free just outside the 6 yard area but the ball got stuck under his feet and the defence got back to tackle. The breakthrough finally came when Hywel Evans won the ball inside his own half and then played in Ifan Burrell who raced away from the defence to slot cooly past the keeper. 5 minutes before the end of the half and Llansantffraid were down to 10 men after the striker said something to the Assistant referee leaving the ref with no other choice than to show the red card.

The second half started well for Street and the game was virtually over after the first 10 minutes. Firstly Matthew Pemberthy raced onto a nice flick from Iolo Ap Dafydd to slot past the on-rushing goalkeeper and 5 minutes later Iolo Ap Dafydd finished superbly with a curling effort in the far corner after quick thinking from captain Ian Evans played him in with a quick free kick. There were further chances for Street as the 2nd half wore on but the 4th didn't come until quarter of an hour from the end when substitute Lee Jones played in Ifan Burrell who again finished nicely with a strike past the keeper for his second of the afternoon. In the last 5 minutes it could have been 5 when Tom Williams turned his man and curled a left footed strike onto the inside of the post.

Phil was clearly happy with the result. 'Llansantffraid have been a bit of a bogey team for us in past seasons so it was nice to get the victory this afternoon. I was happy with everyone's contribution today and we played well as a team. We've been working on a few things in training which are starting to show during the games now. We travel to Llanfair on Saturday who have started very well this season so it's going to be a big test for the lads.'

Team: Lee Morgan, Danny Evans, Ian Evans, Coner Berner, Neil Evans, Iolo Ap Dafydd, Stephen Harrison (Lee Jones 50), Hywel Evans (John James 70), Matthew Pemberthy, Tom Williams, Ifan Burrell

Saturday 14th September 2013

Welsh Cup - 2nd Qualifying Round

Aberaeron 3 v 0 Bow Street

Bow Street suffered their second defeat of the season against Aberaeron after another dominant display. Goal scoring is proving to be the problem at the moment and Bow Street were made to pay for not turning possession into victories.

Street started the first half well and dominated for large periods for the remainder of the half. Iolo Ap Dafydd and Neil Evans were creating opportunities down both flanks with Ifan Burrell working tirelessly up front. Despite dominating possession Bow Street rarely troubled the Aberaeron keeper with Tom Williams and Ifan creating half chances for themselves and Iolo missing probably the clearest of the chances when not really troubling the goal keeper when put through by Tom.

The lack of turning possession into goals proved costly at the start of the second half when Sion Clarke, who scored a hat-trick in this fixture last season, again scored from a corner with a headed goal. Despite Aberaeron having more of the possession in the second half Bow Street were still keeping possession well and creating half chances. However, Aberaeron were clinical enough in the final 20 minutes when they took their chances as Street pushed for an equaliser.

'Again we have kept possession incredibly well for large periods of the game but we need to start turning this possession into goals now. The lads were dealt a harsh lesson this afternoon and their going to have to learn about this fast if we're to do well this season. All 14 lads are obviously disappointed with the result but we'll keep playing the way we've been practicing on and soon enough we'll turn this possession into goals and points' said Phil after the game. 'We return to league action next weekend where we'll be looking to get 3 home points against a Dyffryn Banw who have that 'never die' attitude'

Team: Lee Morgan, Danny Evans, Coner Berner, Stephen Harrison, John James, Nick Smith, Matthew Pemberthy (Hywel Evans 65), Tom Williams, Neil Evans (Steff Richards 70), Iolo Ap Dafydd, Ifan Burrell (Tom Wyn Roberts 80)

Saturday 21st September 2013

Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Bow Street 2 v 2 Dyffryn Banw

Bow Street were held to a draw as Dyffryn Banw equalised undeservedly in the very last minute of injury time. The home side had dominated huge parts of the game, but were unable to capitalise on their superiority.

Despite having all the play in the first half, it was the visitors who were ahead at the interval after an opportunistic breakaway goal.

Street equalised early in the second half when skipper Ian Evans finished off a good move. Despite absolute domination, it took the home side until the 80th minute to engineer their second goal, when Danny Evans shot in at the far post following an excellent Lee Jones free kick.

Deep in to injury time, Ian Evans almost scored his second to clinch victory. However, from the ensuing long kick out by the Banw keeper, the opposition centre forward contrived to get the ball in to the Bow Street net to clinch an unlikely, and totally unmerited point.

The home side were naturally deflated by the climax to the game, and manager Phil Evans stated, 'We had enough possession to win three games, but paid for not being clinical enough in front of goal. However, I cannot question the overall effort of this young team, and trust this will be a harsh lesson for the boys to absorb and learn from.'

Team: Lee Morgan, Danny Evans, Coner Berner, Stephen Harrison, Neil Evans, Nick Smith (Lee Jones 20), Tom Williams, Matthew Pemberthy (Tom Wyn Roberts 65), Iolo ap Dafydd, Ian Evans, Ifan Burrell

Saturday 28th September 2013

FA Trophy - Round 1

Four Crosses 3 v 1 Bow Street

Bow Street were knocked out at the first round of the FA Trophy at the hands of Four crosses this afternoon. With a mix up in kick off times Bow Street turned up with 15 minutes to kick off. However this did not seem to affect the lads performance in the first half. After a scrappy first 15 minutes or so Bow Street settled into their passing game. It was Four Crosses that opened the scoring though to take a 1 nil lead into half time.

Bow Street started the second half the brighter and deserved to equalize 20 minutes into the second half when a quick breakaway from a Four Crosses corner saw Ifan Burrell score after good work from Iolo Ap Dafydd. However Four Crosses raised their game a gear and used their experience. They used the long ball system to their advantage and worked off the second ball and managed to get another 2 goals to seal their passage into the next round.

Phil had this to say, 'It wasn't ideal preparations with the arrival time today and I hold my hands up to that however I thought we played particularly well in the first half. We are still that little bit naive at the moment which we need to learn from. A lot of these lads are inexperienced at this level and I thought Four Crosses made that their advantage. We're having to depend on a lot of youth at the moment so it's a very fast learning curve for them, but it's something that they'll learn from quickly.

Team: Lee Morgan, Danny Evans (Tom Wyn Roberts 70), Neil Evans, John James, Lee Jones, Stephen Harrison, Matthew Pemberthy, Tom Williams, Iolo Ap Dafydd, Ian Evans, Ifan Burrell. Unused Sub: Nick Smith

Bow Street 1 v 2 Welshpool Town

Bow Street suffered their second consecutive 2-1 loss at home this Saturday as Welshpool visited Cae Piod. Street gave a start to Assistant Manager Nick Smith after a few games out injured and also had Dean Evans available on the bench after injury also. Tom Wyn Roberts also earned his first start after impressing as a substitute in the previous games.

Bow Street started the scoring when a flowing move between Ian Evans and Neil Evans resulted in Neil Evans crossing for Ian Evans to head past the Welshpool keeper. Welshpool equalised shortly after a free kick wasn't cleared properly by Lee Morgan in goal and the Welshpool defender slotted into an empty net. It was Bow Street that created the chances for the rest of the half, notably when Ifan Burrell put a chance wide after going through one on one and Neil Evans somehow managing to miss from 2 yards out after good work from Dean Evans.

Bow Street started the second half the brighter and 2 identical chances for Dean Evans, after good wrok by Neil Evans down the right, were well saved by the Welshpool keeper who was in fine form. Iolo Ap Dafydd, Ifan Burrell and Neil Evans were also keeping the visiting goal keeper busy with long range efforts. At the other end Welshpool striker, Ziemann, was keeping the Bow Street defence on their toes. He had the ball in the back of the net only for the referee blow up for an infringement. Bow Street pushed for the winner in the last five minutes however it was Welshpool that stole the 3 points after a last minute penalty was saved by Lee Morgan, only for the rebound to be put in by Ziemann.

Bow Street will feel aggrieved to have lost that game as they created the clear cut chances throughout the game, however if you fail to convert these chances you will get punished at this level and the Bow Street players will have to learn from this.

Team: Lee Morgan, Tom Wyn Roberts, Lee Jones, Stephen Harrison (Nat Burrell 70), Neil Evans, Iolo Ap Dafydd, Matt Pemberthy, Nick Smith (Dean Evans 25), Tom Williams, Ian Evans (Iwan Roberts 80), Ifan Burrell

Saturday 19th October 2013

Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Waterloo 8 v 1 Bow Street

Bow Street traveled to Waterloo hoping to banish the 8-1 and 9-2 losses suffered up there last season. Having only picked up one draw in the last 6 games it was always going to be a tough ask for a young Bow Street team and this proved to be the case. Lee Jones was away and Nick Smith was injured for the trip which meant a call up to the starting lineup for Nat Burrell.

Bow Street fell behind within the first 10 minutes to a dubious penalty decision as the ball appeared to bounce up to Matt Pemberthy's hand. However Street were level within 5 minutes of this after a penalty of their own which Dean Evans slotted into the corner. This proved to be the only joy of the game for Street though as Waterloo scored a further 2 before the end of the first half.

After a mouthful from manager Phil Evans at half time Street came out and started the second half very brightly. The game changed however when Pemberthy had to go off injured with a cut lip after the first 10 minutes of the second half. Waterloo scored 3 quick goals, 2 as Pemberthy was off the field getting treatment and the game was effectively over. Waterloo went on to score a further 2 goals before the final whistle.

Phil Evans said after the game: 'We've had a poor run of results up here over the last few seasons and it was always going to be tough today. We had a young inexperienced back-line and Waterloo took full advantage. Waterloo are a very disciplined team that all work hard for each other and this worked for them today. We didn't help matters by putting in probably our worst performance of the season. Hopefully we can re-group from this in training this week and put it right next week when we face another tough trip away in Montgomery.

Team: Lee Morgan, Nat Burrell (Ian Evans 70), John James, Tom Wyn Roberts, Danny Evans, Neil Evans, Matthew Pemberthy (Mikey Fitzpatrick 55), Stephen Harrison, Tom Williams, Ifan Burrell, Dean Evans

Saturday 26th October 2013

Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Montgomery 1 v 2 Bow Street

Bow Street ended their recent poor form with a well battled win up in Montgomery. Having picked up an excellent draw their last season Bow Street put their recent form behind them to grind out an excellent win. Street gave a first senior team start to Mikey Fitzpatrick, with Lee Jones returning to the starting lineup and also recalling Paul Keegan after his recent spell with the Reserves.

In difficult conditions Street knew this was going to be a tough game and seemed up for the battle even in the warm-up. Street looked to use the pace of Paul Keegan and Ifan Burrell out on the flanks where they seemed to be getting a lot of joy. The breakthrough came in the 20th minute when Ifan Burrell raced through from a Tom Williams ball to slot confidently into the far corner. However, this seemed to spark Montgomery into action and they started to dominate the game for the remainder of the half. The swirling conditions seemed to be causing the Bow Street defence a lot of problems and this eventually paid dividends for Monty as 2 testing corners finally paid off when they scored directly from a corner.

The second half was a little bit of a battle and the winner came a little bit controversially. As the Monty defender was shielding the ball out for a throw in he bent down to pick it up but Paul Keegan managed to stop the ball from going out, turned, and spotting the keeper off his line curled the ball beautifully off the far post into the corner all the way from the touchline. This rattled Monty and the game got very scrappy for the remainder of the half. Bow Street however battled very well and managed to hold on for the welcome 3 points.

Phil commented after the game: "I had a good chat with my assistant Nick Smith this week and we both agreed that we were a little bit vulnerable at the back recently so we changed formation for this game. We looked a lot more solid and I thought the trio of Matthew Pemberthy, Tom Williams and especially our Man of the Match, Mikey Fitzpatrick looked excellent in midfield. We still have a lot of tough games and hard work to come over the next few weeks but hopefully after this result the lads can take heart from this and start to realise that they can grind out results when they need to".

Team: Lee Morgan, Danny Evans, Neil Evans, John James, Lee Jones, Matthew Pemberthy (Stephen Harrison 70), Mikey Fitzpatrick, Tom Williams, Paul Keegan (Tom Wyn Roberts 80), Dean Evans (Phil Evans 75), Ifan Burrell

Saturday 2nd November 2013

Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Berriew 6 v 1 Bow Street

Street traveled to high flying Berriew hoping to build on their win the previous week in Montgomery. It was a tale of two halves though as Bow Street produced a second half to forget after putting in a fine display in the first 45 minutes. Street made a couple of changes bringing in Mathew Pemberthy at centre half and giving young Callum Ferreira his first start in a few weeks.

In difficult wet conditions Street started well and kept Berriew's impressive attacking lineup to a few half chances and long distance efforts. As the half went on Street gained more confidence and began to carve out a few half chances with the pace of Iolo Ap Dafydd and Ifan Burrell causing the Berriew defence a few problems as they pushed for the opener. It was in fact Street that broke the deadlock when Ap Dafydd broke free into the area and in shielding the ball got fouled and Street were awarded a penalty. Dean Evans coolly slotted the penalty away as Street went into the break 1 goal to the good.

The game however changed on it's head within the first 15 minutes of the second half. Captain, Neil Evans, was forced off through injury and all of a sudden Street found themselves 3-1 down with the Berriew winger, Webster, causing the Street all kinds of problems. The prolific Ellis Jones further punished Street as he grabbed himself a hat-trick with another goal added to complete Street's misery.

Phil said: "It was such a disappointing second half after the effort the lads had put in, in the first half. The heads seemed to go down as soon as we conceded the equaliser. We were still in the game at that point and even going 2-1 down we had a chance if we'd have stuck to our game plan. We're still lacking that experience at the moment, with a few older heads in the team we may not have capitulated so much...saying that we knew this was the case before the season started and it was always going to be a harsh learning curve for the lads. Let's not take the display away from Berriew though, they've got some excellent attacking players and they'll be a real force in this league."

Team: Lee Morgan, Neil Evans (Glyn Williams 50), John James, Matthew Pemberthy, Lee Jones, Danny Evans, Tom Williams, Ifan Burrell (Tom Wyn Roberts 60), Callum Ferreira, Iolo Ap Dafydd (Phil Evans 80), Dean Evans

Saturday 9th November 2013

Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Builth Wells 7 v 0 Bow Street

Street looked to put last weeks loss in Berriew behind them as they traveled South to Builth this Saturday. With Matthew Pemberthy missing, Stephen Harrison was recalled to the starting line-up. Mikey Fitzpatrick was also recalled to the team after missing the game in Berriew. Steffan Richards was given his debut after transferring from Ton Pentre during the week.

It was a first half to forget for Street as they found themselves 3-0 down before half time. Had it not been for the poor finishing of the Builth striker and some fine saves from Lee Morgan in goal it could well have been many more!

As last week, the second half started awfully for Street after conceding in the first minute after some awful marking from a corner. Things got worse as a few minutes later Steffan Richards was given his marching orders for an altercation with the Builth Wells left back, who was also dismissed after receiving his second yellow of the game. Both teams played the remainder of the game with 10 men and it was Builth who took advantage as they scored a further 2 goals and controlled the remainder of the game.

Phil had this to say after the game: "We looked out of sorts right from the first whistle today. We defended poorly from the beginning and our attacking play was pretty awful as well. I don't know whether these lads have had it too easy at junior level over the last few years but they need to realise that senior football is a completely different ball game and you're going to get punished for every poor display. After last weeks disappointing second half you'd think the lads would want to put that right against a team who we're going to be battling with position wise come the end of the season. Going in 3-0 down was bad enough, but after giving them a bollocking half time the disappointing thing was conceding a minute after the interval. However, we need to put this display behind us and concentrate on Saturday now when we entertain Dolgellau in the cup. If we perform like we did today we can kiss goodbye to any chance of silverware this season."

Team: Lee Morgan, Neil Evans, John James, Stephen Harrison, Lee Jones, Tom Williams, Mikey Fitzpatrick, Steffan Richards, Iolo Ap Dafydd (Phil Evans 75), Paul Keegan (Jac Williams 60), Dean Evans, subs not used: Nick Smith

Saturday 16th November 2013

Spar Mid Wales League Cup - Round 1

Bow Street 6 v 0 Dolgellau

Bow Street got back to winning ways with a comprehensive 6-0 victory over Dolgellau, who had their excellent goalkeeper, Stephen Parry to thank for avoiding a much heavier defeat. They dominated this first round League Cup tie from the beginning, and perhaps should have won even more convincingly.

The goal scorers were Iolo ap Dafydd, skipper Neil Evans, a first ever goal for the club by Mike Fitzpatrick and a perfect hat-trick for Dean Evans. He scored one goal with his left foot, another with a header and a sublime effort with his right foot, and he is showing signs of getting back to the form of two seasons ago.

The evergreen midfielder, Stephen Harrison said, 'It was great to get back to winning ways, and all praise to the talented youngsters we have for putting a difficult couple of weeks behind them. Many of them excelled today, but I thought Mathew Pemberthy was our man of the match.'

Team: Lee Morgan, Neil Evans, John James, Phil Evans (Glyn Williams 60), Lee Jones, Mathew Pemberthy, Stephen Harrison, Mikey Fitzpatrick, Ifan Burrell, Dean Evans, Iolo Ap Dafydd, subs not used: Joe Williams

Saturday 23rd November 2013

Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Llandrindod Wells 7 v 1 Bow Street

Bow Street returned to league action this afternoon as they traveled to high flying Llandrindod Wells. With goalkeeper Lee Morgan out injured Street gave a first team debut to Sion Clifton. Tom Wyn Roberts, Danny Evans and Paul Keegan were also recalled to the starting eleven after missing the previous week.

In a fairly even first half Bow Street somehow found themselves 4-0 down at the half. 1 penalty and 3 clinical finishes separated the teams as both teams played some excellent football in patches in tough conditions.

The second half started disastrously for the Street as they conceded 2 soft goals in the first 5 minutes of the second half. Street however kept on battling and despite Llandrindod scoring another it was Street who had the last say. Quick thinking from Tom Wyn Roberts when he flicked a free kick off the back of Ifan Burrell as he was on the floor after he was fouled led to the young full back marauding down the wing. After a bit of trickery he found himself inside the box where he laid the ball off to Tom Williams who slotted past the keeper. It was no more than Street deserved for their effort.

Skipper Neil Evans commented after the game: "It's tough enough coming to a place like Llandrindod Wells but when you gift them 3 or 4 goals it's always going to make things a lot tougher. Saying that though I can't fault the lads commitment. The first 45 minutes were very encouraging and even though we found ourselves 4-0 down we showed signs that we can compete with the teams at the top of table as we also showed in the first 45 minutes against Berriew a few weeks back. We'll keep going and games like this will make us stronger as a team as long as we keep showing this level of commitment week in and week out in training and in games."

Team: Sion Clifton, Tom Wyn Roberts, Neil Evans, Phil Evans, Lee Jones, Mathew Pemberthy (Tom Williams 45), Stephen Harrison, Danny Evans, Ifan Burrell, Paul Keegan, Dean Evans (Steffan Richards 65)

Saturday 30th November 2013

Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Llansantffraid 6 v 3 Bow Street

Bow Street travelled to Llansantffraid hoping for a much needed 3 points in this league encounter against a Llansantffraid team they’d beaten comfortably in the opening few weeks of the season.

Bow Street dominated the first ten minutes of the game playing some excellent football on a difficult pitch and also seemed to come up against a keeper on fine form. Street had the perfect opportunity to take the lead when Tom Williams was felled in the area but unfortunately skipper Dean Evans failed to convert from the penalty spot after a fine save from the keeper. Minutes later Phil Evans hit the bar. Street then found themselves 4-0 down and in that period the keeper pulled off a superb save from Ifan Burrell and another penalty from Evans. Another goal on the stroke of half time found the Street 5-0 down with the game virtually out of sight.

Street came out for the second half and again dominated possession. Mathew Pemberthy pulled one back and a goal from Ifan Burrell within the first quarter of an hour seemed to offer Street a way back into the game. Street continued to create chances but couldn’t add to their tally until the final 5 minutes when Ifan Burrell grabbed his second of the game.

Skipper for the day, Dean Evans had this to say after the game; “I’m still a little baffled how we came away from that game today without at least a point. It was probably the most we’ve dominated a game this season in possession yet we’ve found ourselves 5-0 down before half time. I hold up my hands for missing the 2 penalties

Team: Sion Clifton, Tom Wyn Roberts, Lee Jones, Phil Evans (Neil Evans, 30) John James, Mathew Pemberthy, Tom Williams, Danny Evans (Stephen Harrison, 80), Ifan Burrell, Dean Evans, Iolo Ap Dafydd

Saturday 7th December 2013

Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Four Crosses 4 v 0 Bow Street

Bow Street travelled to Four Crosses for the second time this season after a 4-1 loss against the same team in the FAW trophy earlier in the season. Lee Morgan returned in goal after missing the last two games through injury, with Mikey Fitzpatrick, Neil Evans and Stephen Harrison returning to the starting line-up.

Both teams started brightly and played some entertaining football throughout the first half. Despite the good play both teams only managed to create half chances with Dean Evans having the best chance for the visitors with a volley midway through the half. It was however the hosts that scored the first goal of the game and entered the break one goal to the good.

Both teams again played some excellent football at times in the second half but it was Four Crosses physical power that eventually won them the match and they added a further 3 goals in the second half.

Mathew Pemberthy had this to say after the game: “Despite the loss today I felt we played some excellent football at times, however this will not win us matches. If we continue to play like this though I’m sure the results will start to come. We’ve got a local derby against the UWA on Saturday before a week off over Christmas. It would be nice to get 3 points going into the other local derby against Aberaeron on the Saturday after Christmas.”

Team: Lee Morgan, Tom Wyn Roberts, Lee Jones, Mathew Pemberthy, Neil Evans, Stephen Harrison (John James, 75), Mikey Fitzpatrick (Steffan Davies, 65), Ifan Burrell, Dean Evans, Iolo Ap Dafydd

Saturday 14th December 2013

Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Bow Street 1 v 1 UWA

Bow Street gained a deserved draw with an 82nd minute equaliser from Lee Jones, but will rue the fact that they did not clinch all three points.

Students took the lead mid way through the first half, with a sloppy goal from a defensive viewpoint, and Street struggled for the rest of the half to come to terms with the extreme weather conditions.

However, the second half was a different story, with the home side achieving absolute domination of possession, and create numerous chances which went agonisingly close or were somehow kept out by the Students defence and keeper. The visiting keeper, former Street player Jonathon Hartnell was  dismissed half way through the second half for foul play and his replacement was also given his marching orders in the last minute for blatant and persistent time wasting.

The home side were disappointed not to have taken all three points as scorer Lee Jones stated, ' Today sums up our season - no luck at all. If we had scored early in the second half, we would probably have had a few. In the end we have to be grateful for the point.'

Chairman Wyn Lewis added, ' Very frustrating for the boys not picking up the three points that they merited. It has been a frustrating season so far, but it is time for us all to get behind our management team and the players, and I am sure that we will achieve the positive results that their performances have deserved.'

Team Lee Morgan, Danny Evans, Mathew Pemberthy, James Scarrott, Neil Evans, Lee Jones, Mike Fitzpatrick (John James, 65), Tom Williams (Pete James, 75), Iolo ap Dafydd, Dean Evans, Ifan Burrell (Paul Keegan, 20)

Saturday 28th December 2013

Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Aberaeron 2 v 2 Bow Street

After a week off Bow Street returned to league action with an away trip to local rivals Aberaeron. Having drawn and lost in their previous 2 encounters Bow Street were looking to get one over on their local rivals. Nick Smith, Steff Davies and Gwion Ap Dafydd returned to the starting lineup with new signings Adam Thomas and Deian Thomas also making the bench.

In blustry conditions and on a bobbly pitch Street started well but neither team were able to test the goalkeepers in the first 20 minutes. Street started to turn on the pressure and that pressure told in the end when a cross from Iolo Ap Dafydd was turned in at the front post by Ifan Burrell to make it one nil to the opposition. 10 minutes later however the hosts were back on level term with their first meaningful attack of the half. Neil Evans hand-balled in the area and the spot kick was converted by former Street front man Mattie Davies. Bow Street dominated the remainder of the half but the scoreline remained 1-1 at half time.

Aberaeron came out the stronger team for the first ten minutes of the second half but Street managed to weather the storm and the back 4 stood strong. Street soon settled and started to create the better chances and Ifan Burrell's pace was causing the Aberaeron defence all kinds of trouble. He twice broke the offside trap to go through one on one but the Aberaeron keeper pulled off two saves. He also pulled off another world class save when Steff Davies thought he'd curled one in top corner but he managed to claw it out. The breakthrough came through for Street with 10 minutes to go when Deian Thomas setup Steff Davies to cooly slot in the bottom corner. Aberaeron however pushed for the equaliser and with the last kick of the game the pressure told and they got their equaliser.

Phil Evans commented after the game: 'I can't fault the commitment or the attitude from the players today. Even in the warm up I could sense the players were up for the game. Obviously it's disappointing to concede with the last kick of the game but we'd have taken a point before the game as it's always a difficult game versus Aberaeron as they battle right to the final whistle which is why they're doing so well in the league. We can take heart from this display though and if we show the same attitude and commitment against Penrhyncoch next Saturday then I'm sure we can give them a good run for their money. Special mention has to go today to Neil Evans who I thought was Man of the Match by a country mile'

Team: Lee Morgan, Danny Evans, Neil Evans, Nick Smith, Lee Jones, Steff Davies, Gwion Ap Dafydd, Tom Williams (Adam Thomas, 65), Ifan Burrell, Dean Evans (Neil Davies, 80), Iolo Ap Dafydd (Deian Thomas, 75)

Saturday 18th January 2014

Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Bow Street 5 v 1 Four Crosses

Bow Street got their 2014 league campaign off to an excellent start with an emphatic win over Four Crosses, thus avenging their heavy defeat in the away game back in December. The young team produced an excellent all round performance, and for once in this frustrating season, they received their just rewards.

The home side dominated the early exchanges and took a deserved lead with a stunning goal from Dean Evans. But that lead was short lived as Four Crosses scored in their first attack of the game. Excellent build up work by the youngsters led to a fine finish by Iolo ap Dafydd to restore the lead for Bow Street. On the stroke of half time an excellent finish by Ifan Burrell gave the home side a comfortable lead.

The second half was again dominated by Bow Street who created numerous chances but only added two more from Dean Evans. It was an excellent all round performance with recent signings Steff Davies and Adam Thomas both excelling, and Gwyn Jones playing his first game for the first team for over a year put in a typically committed performance.

Manager Phil Evans who was celebrating his birthday stated, ‘I am absolutely delighted with the result. This has been coming for a while and hopefully will act as a springboard for a very good second half of the season. I am very pleased with the way the squad is developing, but I must mention Gwyn Bach who we have missed while he has been away in Australia. We now look forward to a difficult challenge in Carno next Saturday,’

Team: Lee Morgan, Gwyn Jones (John James, 75), Nick Smith, Neil Evans, Lee Jones, Steff Davies, Tom Williams (Deian Thomas, 80), Adam Thomas (Ian Evans 65), Iolo ap Dafydd, Dean Evans, Ifan Burrell

Saturday 1st February 2014

Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Bow Street 3 v 1 Waterloo

Bow Street continued their impressive run in the league with a very impressive win over in form Waterloo. It was a comprehensive victory and only a magnificent performance from the visiting goalkeeper kept the score down. Bow Street gave new signing, goalkeeper Leigh Jenkins from neighbors Penrhyncoch, his debut.

The home side took an early lead when Dean Evans slotted home a penalty. Ifan Burrell soon added a second after some excellent inter play. Waterloo struck back straight away with a goal on their first meaningful foray into the Bow Street half. The two goal cushion was re-established just before half time when Dean Evans slotted home his second. Street lost midfielder Matt Pemberthy after half hour with a knee injury, and he was replaced by Adam Thomas.

Playing into the strong wind Bow Street produced a superb second half performance where only excellent goalkeeping from the opposition keeper kept their rampant forwards at bay. The only threat at the other end was a penalty with five minutes before the end of the game. The spot kick was superbly saved by debutant Jenkins.

Phil Evans and his team, have taken 8 points from their last 4 games, and are slowly but surely climbing towards the top half of the league table.

Assistant manager, Nick Smith, who just about shaded the ‘Man of the Match’ award from his excellent colleagues said ‘That has to be our best victory of the season, and it came against top quality opposition. It was an excellent all round team performance which has been coming. We need to continue this level of performance on a weekly basis.’

Team: Leigh Jenkins, Gwyn Jones, Nick Smith, Neil Evans, Lee Jones, Steffan Davies, Matthew Pemberthy (Adam Thomas, 30) Tom Williams (John James, 80), Iolo ap Dafydd, Dean Evans, Ifan Burrell (Deian Thomas, 65)

Saturday 1st March 2014

Spar Mid Wales League Cup - Round 2

Bow Street 1 v 0 Knighton

Bow Street progressed through to the Spar Mid Wales League Cup Quarter final with a 1-0 victory over Knighton FC. Having suffered a disappointing loss at Dyffryn Banw the following weekend, the Magpies were keen to get back to winning ways and to compete for the final piece of silverware that they are left in this season.

Bow Street made a few changes to the starting line-up with Ian Evans having to play in goal due to Leigh Jenkins being cup-tied and Lee Morgan being injured. John James started at centre half and Steff Davies and Adam Thomas were re-introduced to centre midfield. Deian Thomas moved further forward to right wing.

Bow Street started the brighter team and started playing the ball around confidently. Bow Street took the lead after half an hour when Ifan Burrell broke into the box and was felled with Dean Evans converting the spot kick. Bow Street went into the interval 1-0 to the good.

The second half started the same as the first and Bow Street were controlling the game. However, Dean Evans was soon to turn into the villain after receiving a straight red card for foul and abusive language towards his own team mate. Despite being down to 10 men Bow Street looked the more threatening team with Ifan Burrell causing the Knighton defence all kinds of problems with his pace. Bow Street were never really threatened and closed out the game to progress to the Quarter Finals.

Dean Evans commented after the game: 'I'd firstly like to apologise to my team mates for the sending off. It was a foolish thing to do and in the heat of the moment I couldn't control my emotions. On the other hand the lads dug deep and I'm grateful that we made it through. I just hope I can re-pay them by scoring the winner in the next round.'

Team: Ian Evans, Neil Evans, John James, Lee Jones, Steffan Davies (Stephen Harrison, 85), Adam Thomas, Tom Williams, Deian Thomas (Iolo Ap Dafydd, 65), Dean Evans, Ifan Burrell (Osian Thomas, 75)

Saturday 15th March 2014

Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Bow Street 3 v 1 Builth Wells

Bow Street picked up a vital 3 points against bottom team Builth Wells on Saturday. With Dean Evans serving the first of his 2 match suspension Big Phil tweaked the formation a little bit and started with 2 up top for this game to go in search of goals.

Bow Street controlled the game from start to finish with Leigh Jenkins in goal and the back 4 rarely troubled in the first half. Street passed the ball well in patches but lacked that cutting edge at the last moment. The breakthrough came midway through the first half when Steff Davies crashed a header against the bar which came down and hit the goal-keeper before crossing the line for his first of the afternoon. Soon afterwards Ifan Burrell's pace caused all kinds of problems for the Builth defence when he cut in from the left flank before being chopped down in the area. Davies stepped up to cooly slot his second of the afternoon away into the bottom left hand corner.

Street put the game beyond Builth midway through the second half when Steff Davies cut inside from the left wing before finishing at the near post to complete his first hat-trick for the club. Deian Thomas and Burrell caused the Builth defence problems all afternoon with clever runs beyond the defensive line while Davies, Matthew Pemberthy, Adam Thomas and Tom Williams controlled the midfield. Builth had the final word however when they scored with a header at the back post with the final kick of the game.

Hat-trick hero Steff Davies had this to say after the game; 'It was obviously great to get a hat-trick today but the most important thing for us was the 3 points. We need to be beating the bottoms below us in the league so that we can start climbing the table to get as high as we can. There's a good team spirit here at the moment and we're looking forward to the challenge of high flying Llanfair United at Cae Piod this weekend where we'll be giving it our all to cause an upset.

Team: Leigh Jenkins, Gwyn Jones, Neil Evans, Nick Smith, Lee Jones, Steff Davies, Adam Thomas, Matthew Pemberthy (John James, 70), Tom Williams (Stephen Harrison, 80), Ifan Burrell (Ian Evans, 60), Deian Thomas

Saturday 22nd March 2014

Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Bow Street 0 v 4 Llanfair United

Bow Street lost out to an excellent Llanfair Utd who continued their quest for the Spar Mid Wales League title, and ultimately promotion to the Cymru Alliance League.

Two early goals from Matt Spencer and Chris Gethin placed the visitors in the ascendancy, and the home side found it difficult to defend against their slick football and the gale force wind. However, Bow Street should have been given the opportunity to hit back just before half time when a clear penalty was denied following a foul on Burrell.

Street started the second half encouragingly, having a lot of possession and creating a few openings. However following their failure to capitalize on those chances, Llanfair broke away and scored two quick goals towards the end of the game through Steve Andrew and James Davies. The result was harsh for Bow Street but they were playing against an excellent and clinical team.

Assistant Manager Nick Smith said, ‘Llanfair are an excellent team, but we are disappointed with the way we conceded the early goals. If we had managed one back either side of half time, who knows? But onwards and upwards now with two away games against two teams below us coming up, so we have to build on the positives from today.

Team: Leigh Jenkins, Gwyn Jones, John James, Nick Smith, Lee Jones (Neil Evans, 30), Steff Davies, Ifan Burrell, Matt Pemberthy, Tom Williams (Tom Wyn, 75), Deian Thomas, Ian Evans (Paul Keegan, 80)

Saturday 5th April 2014

Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Bow Street 3 v 1 Llandrindod Wells

Bow Street recorded one of their best performances of the season, and thus one of their best results of the campaign by beating Llandrindod Wells who are top of the league and red-hot favourites to win the league and gain promotion to the Cymru Alliance. The young Bow Street team produced an excellent all round performance, and for once in this frustrating season, they received their just rewards.

The home side dominated the early exchanges but the visitors went ahead with a freak goal by their keeper Joe Prosser whose long kick out was carried by the strong wind and took a vicious bounce near the half way line and hit the post, but frustratingly for home keeper Jenkins, it trickled over the line. But, despite this devastating blow, Street went straight up the other end, and it took a magnificent save from Prosser to deny Steff Davies an equaliser. But Davies was not to be denied, as he scored twice within five minutes to put the home side deservedly ahead at half time following excellent build up work by the team in both instances. Street also lost striker Burrell in the first half with injury, to be replaced by 17 year old Osian Thomas who joined his brother Deian up front.

The league leaders started strongly in the second half chasing an equaliser only to find the home defence and keeper Jenkins in resolute mood. Then on 65 minutes youngster Tomos Williams put the home side further ahead, a lead they never looked like surrendering. Dean Evans left the field injured for the last 20 minutes to be replaced by 16 year old Joe Williams who worked hard during his time on the field.

It was an excellent all round performance with the midfield trio of Steff Davies, Iolo ap Dafydd and Tomos Williams all excelling, but it was an excellent all round performance by the whole squad. Special mention must be made of Mathew Pemberthy who has adapted seamlessly to his new position of centre half.

Manager Phil Evans stated, ‘Following the disappointing defeat on Wednesday night to Aber Uni, this was a magnificent response from the team, and I am absolutely delighted with the result.  Llandrindod have been the best team in the league this season, and hopefully a victory of such magnitude will inspire this young team. One more victory, hopefully on Wednesday against Tywyn, and we can then start relaxing and look forward to next season.’

Team: Leigh Jenkins, Gwyn Jones, Matt Pemberthy, John James, Lee Jones, Steff Davies, Tom Williams, Iolo ap Dafydd, Ifan Burrell (Osian Thomas, 20), Dean Evans (Joe Williams, 65), Deian Thomas. Unused Sub: Nick Smith

Saturday 12th April 2014

Spar Mid Wales League Cup - Quarter Final

Bont 1 v 6 Bow Street

Bow Street marched on in to their first League Cup semi final since 2011 with an emphatic away win against a brave Bont team.

The visitors opened the scoring after 15 minutes when Steff Davies headed in a Tom Williams cross. Ifan Burrell doubled the lead later in the half and Nick Smith brilliantly cleared off the line to maintain the two goal advantage at half time.

In a dramatic start to the second half, Bow Street's Lee Jones was given a straight red card, and within a minute Bont had pulled a goal back from a corner. However, the visitors hit straight back to restore their two goal advantage. John 'Penbanc' James created an opportunity from a corner for Dean Evans to fire home. Almost immediately after, Burrell scored his second, and the rest of the game was very comfortable for Bow Street, with the home side unable to create a single opportunity. Substitute Paul Keegan and Dean Evans added two more goals, but the game ended on a sour note as Nick Smith suffered a fractured shoulder following an unfortunate clash with a home player.

Bow Street have now been drawn against Ceredigion rivals, Aberaeron in the semi final. This game will take place on Friday May 2nd at 6.15 at the neutral venue of Bont. Berriew and Waterloo Rovers compete in the other semi final.

Team: Lee Morgan, Neil Evans, Matt Pemberthy, Nick Smith, Lee Jones, Steff Davies, Tom Williams (Paul Keegan, 75), Iolo ap Dafydd, Ifan Burrell (Osian Thomas, 70), Dean Evans, Deian Thomas (John James, 55)

Friday 2nd May 2014

Spar Mid Wales League Cup - Semi Final

Aberaeron 2 v 2 Bow Street (Bow Street won 4 v 2 on penalties)

Bow Street deservedly reached the Spar Mid Wales league Cup Final with a penalty shoot-out victory over high flying Aberaeron in a gripping semi-final at Bont. Street will now play Berriew at Llandrindod in the final on May 17th with a 2.30pm kick off.

Bow Street were missing Dean Evans, Nick Smith and Gwyn Jones due to suspension and injury and had to play Ian ‘Baba’ Evans, normally an outfield player in goal, due to Leigh Jenkins being cup tied, and Lee Morgan’s injury. The started well, but it was Aberaeron who took an early lead following a corner. Within minutes, Street were level with Steff Davies scoring from the penalty spot following a handball.

Despite dominating the rest of the first half, Bow Street were unable to engineer another goal, but early in the second half, an excellent finish from Burrell gave them a deserved lead, which they held until seven minutes from the end of normal time. Indeed, the young side produced excellent football, and created numerous opportunities but they just could not manage the crucial third goal.

Aberaeron’s equaliser took the game in to extra time, and for the first time in the evening, it was the Seasiders’ who had the better of this period. However, no goals were scored and a penalty shoot out ensued.

Bow Street won the shoot out 4-2 with their spot kicks being scored emphatically by Gwion ap Dafydd, Lee Jones, Tom Williams and Osian Thomas. Williams and Thomas both showed remarkable composure for 17 year olds! Meanwhile Ian Evans saved two of the Aberaeron penalties, the crucial one ironically from ex Bow Street striker Mattie Davies, which created wild scenes of celebration amongst the players and the supporters.

Speaking later amongst the relative calm surroundings of the club’s headquarters, The Rhydypennau Inn, manager Phil Evans reflected, ‘It makes all the hard work that myself, assistant Nick Smith and this young group of players have gone through in the last few months, worthwhile. I am so proud of the attitude and maturity of the young players, not just tonight but throughout the season. This is a marvellous reward for everybody.’ Chairman Wyn Lewis, who is celebrating ten consecutive years in the role at Bow Street FC added, ‘This is one of the most memorable occasions during my time here. I am so proud of this young side, and especially pleased for Phil and Nick whose commitment to this club is immeasurable. We look forward to a cracking day out in Llandrindod on the 17th.’

Team: Ian Evans, James Scarrott, Neil Evans (John James, 100), Matt Pemberthy, Lee Jones, Gwion Ap Dafydd, Iolo Ap Dafydd, Tom Williams, Ifan Burrell (Deian Thomas, 80), Adam Thomas (Osian Thomas, 110), Steff Davies

Saturday 10th May 2014

Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Bow Street 2 v 1 Berriew

Bow Street finished their league season with an excellent home win over Berriw. The home side played a much changed side against the club they will face in next Saturday's League Cup Final. The visitors also played a weakened team as they are in the middle of a hectic schedule with their final league game on Monday followed by the Central Wales Cup Final on Wednesday.

In difficult weather conditions both teams served up an entertaining contest. Lee Jones put the home side ahead with a stunning 35 yard shot. Veteran Pete James added the second, but the visitors launched an offensive on the home team in the last twenty minutes with the gale force in their favour. They pulled one goal back through Mark Jones, but found the home defence in resolute mood, especially outstanding keeper, Leigh Jenkins.

The hosts finish the season in ninth place in the league and will feel positive about next season, on the back of a very good second half of this season.

All thoughts now turn to the league cup final at Llandrindod on Saturday with kick off at 2.30pm. A bus will be leaving the Rhydypennau at 11.30am. Anyone wishing to travel on the bus should contact Wyn Lewis on 07805614663.

Team: Leigh Jenkins, Steff Richards, John James, James Scarrott, Lee Jones, Pete James, Matt Pemberthy (Tom Williams, 45), Adam Thomas, Osian Thomas (Neil Evans, 80), Deian Thomas, Paul Keegan (Danny Whiteway, 70)

Saturday 17th May 2014

Spar Mid Wales League Cup - Final

Berriew 2 v 1 Bow Street

Bow Street can count themselves very unlucky to have lost their third League Cup Final in 7 years as they narrowly missed out to Berriw 2-1 at a sun drenched Llandrindod Wells.

Despite having the bulk of the possession during the game, they were unable to capitalise on this and turn that superiority in to goals.

A defensive lapse allowed Berriw to take the lead after 65 minutes. After that, the young team had to chase the game, and were hit again by Berriw for their second goal some 5 minutes from the end.

The referee then allowed Bow Street a penalty in injury time which Gwion ap Dafydd duly scored, but there was not enough time for further pressure on the Berriw goal.

Manager Phil Evans said 'Congratulations to Berriw on their victory, but I don't think that we had our just rewards today, but it is a harsh lesson learned for this young team. I am immensely proud of this team which has an average age of 21, and I look forward to them developing further'

Club Chairman Wyn Lewis added, 'We are all immensely proud of Phil, Nicky and this young team and are excited about the possibilities in the next few seasons. We can all learn lessons from this defeat and react positively in readiness for next season.'

Team: Ian Evans, Gwyn Jones, Neil Evans, Matt Pemberthy Lee Jones, Gwion ap Dafydd, Tom Williams, Adam Thomas (Paul Keegan, 75), Iolo ap Dafydd, Ifan Burrell, Steff Davies (Deian Thomas, 60) Subs: Osian Thomas, John James, Stephen Harrison