1st Team Match Reports 2012/13

Saturday 18th Aug 2012
Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Bow Street 4 v 0 Welshpool

Bow Street had the perfect start to the new season on Saturday by beating Welshpool Town at Cae Piod.  A large crowd had gathered to watch Andrew Simkin's' new look team in their first competitive outing of the season and they will certainly not have been disappointed with either the result or the performance.
Street started the game brightly with new signing Mattie Davies and strike partner Lee Jones looking dangerous on the break with a solid display at the back from Owain James and Gwion ap Dafydd. From the outset it was obvious the home side were going to have to be patient and the break through came on 35 minutes when Davies was put through on goal only to be brought down by the visiting keeper inside the box, Davies dispatching the resulting penalty. Street went into the break a goal to the good, their play at times probably deserved more.
The home sides nerves were calmed 5 minuted into the second half when Rhys Llwyd was brought down in the box, and Davies once again cooly slotted from the spot to give Street some breathing space. The home side dominated the remainder of the game and two goals from front runner Jones ensured the three points. Down the right, Mikey Gornall and Neil Evans gave Welshpool a real hard time and it would have been no surprise had Street got another couple of goals.
Manager Andrew Simkin was delighted with the performance "I thought some of our football today was first class, we looked solid at the back and dangerous going forward.  I think Welshpool came here today with a game plan to sneak a point but they wouldnt disagree with me that we fully deserved this result and some of our play at times probably deserved a bigger winning margain" Simkin added "we now go into Wednesday's game high on confidence, Aberaeron I understand thrashed Dyffryn Banw today so it has the makings to be a cracking game".
Bow Street: D.Jones, N.Evans, J.Williams, G.ap.Dafydd, O.James, L.Button (N.Smith 75), C.Cotter, M.Gornall, R.Llwyd (C.Berner 71), L.Jones, M.Davies (K.Chillery 80)
Wednesday 22nd Aug 2012
Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Bow Street 0 v 0 Aberaeron

Bow Street and Aberaeron played out an entertaining stalemate Wednesday night in their first ever league meeting at Cae Piod. The game kicked off some 40 minutes late due to an accident near Penparcau which meant the away side were late arriving. The home side started the brighter but were unable to create any clear cut chances with Aberaeron looking dangerous on the counter attack with Ryan Jones and Ishmael Abberton giving Owain James and Gwyn Jones a difficult time.
Aberaeron started the second half much the better forcing the home side to change their formation in order to get more of the ball in the middle of the park, the turning point of the whole match game when Street keeper Dylan Jones pulled off what can only be described as a miracle treble save from the 5 yards.  Mattie Davies missing a header shortly after.  With the game coming to a close Ryan Jones hit the bar with a 30 yard free kick and the game ended goalless.
Street manager Andrew Simkin was pleased with the point "full credit to Aberaeron they came here today all out to the win this match and probably on clear cut chances they deserved to but we tonight we showed a different side to our game that we are more than capable of digging in when things aren't going on way.  Ryan Jones was superb for them tonight, I had seen a bit of him in preseason and decided to go with man marker but he lead the line intelligently and caused our back four all sorts of problems" Simkin added "Dylan's treble save midway through the first half was something out of the ordinary, so I'm told, I had my eyes closed at this point as I thought it was a certain goal".
Bow Street: D.Jones, N.Evans, J.Williams, G.Jones, O.James, L.Button, C.Cotter, M.Gornall, R.Llwyd (M.Pemberthy 70), L.Jones, M.Davies

Sunday 26th Aug 2012

Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Tywyn Bryncrug 4 v 0 Bow Street

Bow Street travelled to Tywyn Bryncrug Bank Holiday Sunday to play in front of 250 plus Groundhoppers for an early morning kick off.

Street started the game the brighter of the two sides with Rhys Llwyd scoring only to see his effort chalked off for offside.   This was the turning point of the half and the wake up call the home side needed and got themselves in front when a slip from defender Gwion ap Dafydd allowed Tywyns winger to score from a tight angle to give Tywyn the lead.  Street seemed to hit the self destruct button at this point and more poor defending saw Dylan Jones give away a penalty and Ben Holt firing low and hard into the corner of the net.  At half time the home side were comfortable at 3 goals to the good.

Street started the second half more determined but always chasing the game and this allowed Bryncrug to catch them on the break, Tywyn adding to their scoreline with another Holt effort early in the second half and all but ending Street’s chance of a fight back.  To be fair the away sides defence remained determined and kept the dangerous Bryncrug’s strikers at bay for the remainder of the game with Bow Street only ever creating half chances at best.

Bow Street Manager was bitterly disappointed with the result “after Rhys’ effort was disallowed we seemed to take our foot off the pedal and allow Tywyn back into the game.  We let ourselves down today big style” Simkin added “we now travel to Llanidloes Wednesday night and I will be looking for a reaction from the players that’s for certain, otherwise it could be a long night”.

Bow Street: D.Jones, N.Evans (D.Evans 75), J.Williams, G.ap.Dafydd, O.James, G.Jones (L.Button 46) , C.Cotter (N.Smith 46), M.Gornall, R.Llwyd, L.Jones, M.Davies

Wednesday 29th Aug 2012

Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Llanidloes 5 v 2 Bow Street

Bow Street travelled to Llanidloes after a disappointing defeat at Tywyn Bryncrug over the weekend.  Street started the game with a 3-5-2 formation in a bid to win the midfield and catch the home side on the break.  For 30 minutes of the first half the plan was working when Coner Berner gave Street the lead from a Mikey Gornall corner only for the game to turn on its head on the half hour mark when Jamie Breese hit a long range shot which hit Neil Evans’ shoulder come arm and a penalty was awarded, what followed next shocked everyone in the ground when Evans received a straight red card for deliberate handball.  The home side then scored the resulting penalty and when Street were trying to re-group scored again just before half time.

Bow Street started the second half much the better team and had a couple of half chances to get back on level terms but after 57 minutes a defensive error allowed the home side a simple tap in which all but secured the three points, but to be fair Street continued to press but still only playing 3 at the back it was inevitable Llanidloes would score another and they did to go four one up.  Street scored shortly afterwards when Lee Jones set up Mattie Davies to score and at this point there was only one team in it, home keeper Dave Jones twice tipping over from two Gornall efforts.  With minutes to go another defensive error allowed the home side to score a fifth.

Although Street lost the game Manager Andrew Simkin was pleased with the performance “we came here today with a game plan and it was working until the half hour mark, was it a penalty? maybe, should Neil of been sent off? definitely not, he was some 16 yards from the goal and Dylan had the shot covered” Simkin added “I cannot fault the lads today, I thought Lee Jones and Mattie Davies in the second half especially were unplayable but to lose a game 5-2 when our keeper hasn’t had to make a save is disappointing.  We now have to bounce back this weekend at home to Llansantffraid”.

Bow Street: D.Jones, G.Jones, C.Berner (J.Williams 70), G.ap.Dafydd (K.Chillery 80), O.James, N.Evans, M.Pemberthy, M.Gornall, N.Smith (D.Evans 70), L.Jones, M.Davies.

Saturday 1st Sep 2012

Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Bow Street 3 v 3 Llansantffraid Village

Bow Street welcomed Llansantffraid village to a wind swept Cae Piod on Saturday hoping to get their season back on track following two successive away defeats.  Rhys Llwyd and Liam Button returned to the side Neil Evans serving a one match suspension following his red card in Llanidloes.

With the wind at their backs Llansantffraid started the game the stronger and a defensive error from Gwion ap Dafydd allowed the away side a tap in to put them one up, they were soon two up when the home side failed to clear their lines and Llansantffriad’s striker was able to smash home from 12 yards.  This was definitely the wake up call Street needed and after 30 minutes Rhys Llwyds shot was deflected in much to the relief of the home crowd.  Five minutes later Street were level, Lee Jones cut inside from the right only to be brought down for a definite penalty, Mattie Davies smashing the ball home from the spot.

With the wind with the home side in the second half Street started the second half brightly but after 50 minutes Llansantffraid were ahead from a header which gave Dylan Jones no chance.  With the game looking as though it was heading for a third successive defeat for the home side Mattie Davies’ shot come cross from all of 30 yards sailed over the visiting the keeper and into the top corner.  For the remainder of the game the home side dominated and could of easily won it in the last 10 minutes with a series of goal mouth scrambles and corners but it wasn’t to be and the game ended 3 a piece.

Manager Andrew Simkin was slightly disappointed with the result “poor defending has cost us again today, we need to start defending as a unit and not in two’s and three’s.  It will come, we are a completely different side to last year and its going to take time to gel” Simkin added “Welshpool beating Tywyn today proves that if you are not on your game totally then no matter who you play you’ll get found out, Mattie was superb today, he played the majority of the game with a tight muscle in his hamstring but he didn’t stop and in the end got us out of jail”.

“We travel to Llansantffraid this weekend in the Welsh Cup, a good run in that would be great”.

Bow Street: D.Jones, G.Jones, C.Berner, G.ap Dafydd (I.Evans 70), O.James, L.Button (M.Pemberthy 80), R.Llwyd, M.Gornall, N.Smith (D.Evans 70), L.Jones, M.Davies.
Saturday 8th Sep 2012
Welsh Cup - Qualifying Round 2

Llansantffraid Village 1 v 0 Bow Street

Match report to follow...

Saturday 15th Sep 2012
Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Bow Street 3 v 3 Waterloo

For the second successive home league game Bow Street went two goals down in an entertaining six goal draw. Street welcomed back Stefano Antoniazzi from his stint in the USA and also seasoned campaigner Nicky Smith in a bid to the steady the ship. However it was Waterloo that started the game much the brighter and deservedly went two goals up within 20 minutes.
The home side then started moving the ball a lot quicker and finding feet and were back in the game when a Neil Evans free kick dropped nicely for Antoniazzi who smashed the ball home from 10 yards. Street were level on 38 minutes when some fine interplay between Gwion ap Dafydd and Mathew Davies which gave Davies the sniff of goal he needed and he fired in at the goalkeepers near post. At this point there was only one team in it and the half time whistle probably came a little too early for the home side as they started to dominate.
Street started the second half where they left off in the first and went on too totally dominate the next 45 minutes, it was only a matter of time when, not if, they went ahead and did so on 74 minutes when a long clearance from goalkeeper Dylan Jones found front runner Davies who coolly chipped the on coming keeper to give Street a much deserved lead. Instead of going for a fourth, the home side seemed content to keep the ball and run down the clock and were punished in the 90th minute when Waterloo's only real attack of the half saw them equalise much to the shock of the large Cae Piod crowd.
Manager Andrew Simkin was disappointed his side had not taken all three points "once again we have gone two goals down and it takes a monumental effort to get back into a game once this happens, so I cant fault the players effort for this" Simkin added "but to concede so late on in the game is gutting, it actually feels like we've lost the match and there were a lot of heads down in the changing rooms after the game, I hope we take this frustration out on Dyffryn Banw next Saturday and continue our unbeaten home record which would see us move nicely up the league".
Bow Street: D.Jones, N.Evans, J.Williams, S.Antoniazzi, O.James, L.Button, N.Smith (C.Cotter 65), M.Gornall, G.ap Dafydd, R.Llwyd (C.Berner 82), M.Davies. Not Used: N.Pemberthy
Saturday 22nd Sep 2012
Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Bow Street 7 v 4 Dyffryn Banw

Spectators at Cae Piod witnessed a goal fest at Cae Piod on Saturday as Bow Street entertained struggling Dyffryn Banw. With no less than 6 first team squad members missing for the home side Danny Evans was recalled to the starting line up along with Mathew Pemberthy and Lee Jones who had both been missing in previous weeks due to injury.
Street started the match brightly and we one nil up inside 10 minutes, Lee Jones curling a superb effort into the topcorner from all of 20 yards. However Banw were level 5 minutes when a wicked free kick from the left was turned into his own net by defender Neil Evans. This leveller seemed to spur Street into action and with 30 minutes on the clock a raking 50 yard pass from Danny Evans found hotshot Mathew Davies who cooly slotted past the visting keeper to give Street the lead. On 42 minutes Banw were level once again, when D.Evans brought down his marker for what looked a dubious penalty, Banw making no mistake from the spot.
Street started the second half on the front foot once again, Jones being felled in the box within one minute of the restart and Davies smashing the ball home from the spot. The home side gave themselves breathing space on the hour when Jones volleyed home after a cross from Mathew Pemberthy cross. To be fair Banw continued to press and were awarded another dubious penalty when Liam Button brought down his man, Banw making no mistake from the spot once again. On 70 minutes the Street put the game beyond doubt when Ian Evan headed home a Jones corner to put the home side 5-3 up, it was soon 6-3 when Neil Evans converted after Davies hit the post. Then came the goal of the game when Rhys Llwyd was found some 20 yards from goal, he chested the ball down and lashed home a fierce left foot drive into the far stantion to put the game to bed, a defensive error from I.Evans near the end gave Banw their fourth and the game finished 7-4 to the home side.
Manager Andrew Simkin was delighted to get three points and put an end to the run of draws "I said to the players today that getting the three points was the most important thing and despite Banw's poor run of late I would take a one nil, to win 7-4 was not was I was expecting" Simkin added "there were a few sturn words said at half time and it had the desired effect. We looked a very nervous side today at times, but I hope we can now drive on in the league after putting a run of draws to bed. We entertain Llanidloes in the FAW Trophy this weekend in a game we can relax and hopefully play the kind of football we are capable of".
Bow Street: D.Jones, D.Evans (I.Evans 46), C.Berner, N.Evans, S.Antoniazzi, L.Button, R.Llwyd, M.Gornall, M.Pemberthy (N.Davies 79), L.Jones, M.Davies. Not used: N.Smith.
Saturday 29th Sep 2012
FAW Trophy - Round 2

Bow Street 1 v 0 Llanidloes

Bow Street edged a tightly fought contest at Cae Piod seeing the magpies through to the 3rd round of the FA Trophy courtesy of a 1-0 win.
The Severn Valley side, accompanied by an army of yellow and green supporters, arrived as firm favourites given their prominent league position and recent league beating of the magpies on their home patch but Street started well with Mikey Gornall and Mattie Davies causing problems for the Daffs defence. In the first thirty minutes which saw both sides play free flowing stuff, chances fell at both ends but a combination of poor finishing and good goalkeeping meant that it remained goalless after 45 minutes.
Much was to follow during the opening exchanges of the second half but increasingly, the street back four, superbly marshalled by Antoniazzi and James stifled the Llani attack with Breese increasingly frustrated. Street were enjoying much of the possession and young left back Jac Williams was making the most of the space down the left and indeed it was from the left that street took the lead with a deft ball chipped into the 6 yard box being flicked on by midfielder Liam Button and going in off the far post. As expected Llani responded but street were equal to everything that was thrown at them - the tireless work rate of Davies up front typified the dogged determination of the street side who weathered the storm to finally see out a win which will instil much confidence for the rest of the season.
A Jubilant Antoniazzi commented ‘we were well up for this one today and we’re looking to go on a good cup run – this is a top Llani side and to beat them and keep a clean sheet bodes well. All the lads are chuffed and it was great to see Liam finally end his 8 year goal drought’
Bow Street. T.Spain, J.Williams, R.Llwyd, C.Berner (D.Evans 70), O.James, S.Antoniazzi, L.Button, I.Evans (J.Davies 80), M.Gornall, L.Jones (M.Pemberthy 75), M.Davies
Saturday 6th Oct 2012
Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Bow Street 4 v 1 Berriew

Bow Street continued their recent fine run with a second half demolition of Berriew at Cae Piod.  The home side were missing Stefano Antoniazzi, Jac Williams, Ciaran Cotter, Dylan Jones and Rhys Llwyd who is now unavailable for the rest of the season after securing a Saturday job with Sgorio.  Ian Evans partnered captain Owain James at the heart of the defence, Toby Spain continued in goal and there was a recall for Nicky Smith in midfield.
Both sides started brightly, both trying to play football through midfield but it was Berriew who managed to get on top, Spain denying Berriew early on with a fine save on the edge of his box and the break through came on 28 minutes when a long clearance was headed on by the Berriew centre forward for their right winger to shoot across goal and give Spain no chance.  Berriew dominated the remainder of the half with Street's only outlet being long hopeful balls to Mattie Davies and Lee Jones which the Berriew defence and midfield more than coped with.
The home side started the second half far better, playing with far more urgency and pace which put Berriew under the cosh early doors.  The turning point of the game coming on the hour when Street scored two goals in as many minutes,  the first one after good perserverence by Davies found winger Danny Evans who shot powerfully into the roof of the net from 12 yards, then almost straight from the re-start Mikey Gornall cut in the from the left and unleashed an unstoppable drive from all of 30 yards to give the home side a two goals to one advantage.  Street dominated the remainder of the half and when Liam Button put Davies through he was upended by a Berriew centre half and Davies made no mistake from the spot to all but secure the three points for the home side.  With the game over manager Andrew Simkin was able to give a debut to 16 year old Paul Keegan and he came close to scoring on two occasions, one when Davies nearly found him at the far post with a shot come cross, but closer still when he fired across the visiting keeper which he managed to get a hand to only for the ball to land at Davies' feet for a simple tap in.
Manager Andrew Simkin was delighted that his side had carried on their good form from the previous weeks victory over Llanidloes in the FAW trophy into the league "we were very poor in the first half and were probably lucky to go in half time only a goal down and it took a bit of a slanging match between players and coaching staff alike to kick us into gear" Simkin added "in the second we were unplayable and it excites me to think of what this team could achieve if we can play like that every week another pleasing point was Paul's debut at 16 yeasr old, however everything is put into perspective with April Jones' disapearance and everyones thoughts at Bow Street F.C are with her family and friends at this very difficult time".
Bow Street: T.Spain, N.Evans, C.Berner, I.Evans, O.James, L.Button, N.Smith (M.Pemberthy 84), M.Gornall (J.Davies 84), D.Evans, L.Jones (P.Keegan 84), M.Davies.
Saturday 20th Oct 2012
FAW Trophy - Round 3

Bow Street 0 v 1 Glan Conwy

A goal on the stroke of half time was enough for Glan Conwy to progress to the fourth round of the FAW Trophy at Cae Piod on Saturday.
Both teams started the game brightly with Glan Conwy probably looking the more dangerous going forward however the home defence seemed to have everything under control with Stefano Antoniazzi marshalling the back four superbly, however with the half time whistle about to blow Street fell asleep for the first time in the match and Glan Conwy were able to score after some slack defending.
Street started the second half chasing down every ball trying to force their way back into the match but it instead of getting their foot on the ball and playing the kind of football they are capable of, everything seemed rushed and Glan Conwy were able to capitalise on sloppy passing and could of gone further ahead, hitting the post and bar in quick succession.  The home side nearly equalised with five minutes to go when sub Lee Jones found Mattie Davies at the back post but his powerful header went over the bar, then on 90 minutes there were strong appeals for a penalty when Davies was chopped down from behind but it was not given and Street were out.
Manager Andrew Simkin was unhappy with is sides display "we never really got into gear today which was disappointing and never really made any clear cut chances, but on a positive note it was good to get Ciaran Cotter back into action after a month off" Simkin added "we need to concentrate now on getting some points on the board in the league, starting this weekend at home to Carno".
Bow Street: T.Spain, N.Evans, J.Williams, L.Button, S.Antoniazzi, I.Evans, C.Cotter (O.James 65), M.Gornall, N.Smith (L.Jones 65), L.Jones (M.Pemberthy 39), M.Davies.
Saturday 27th Oct 2012
Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Bow Street 5 v 0 Carno

Bow Street made it three league wins on the bounce on Saturday when they welcomed Carno to Cae Piod. There were recalls for Danny Evans, Coner Berner and Mathew Pemberthy with Ciaran Cotter, Owain James and Liam Button all missing.
Street started the game well and it got better after only 5 minutes when Mathew Davies blocked a defensive clearance which somehow found its way into the net with Mathew Pemberthy also having a claim on the goal. There were no doubts about the second goal after 23 minutes when Pemberthy slipped a clever reverse pass which split the Carno defence open and Davies fired the ball on the one into the top left hand corner much to the delight of the home support. Toby Spain was forced into his only real save of the whole match shortly after but Street went into the half time interval deservedly two goals up.
The second half started much the same as the first with Street dominating the midfield battle with Danny Evans and Nicky Smith showing their experience in winning balls and playing simple and on the hour mark Pemberthy scored a great goal flicking the ball into the far corner from a Mikey Gornall cross. Coner Berner got in on the act minutes later crashing home from close range when Carno failed to clear their lines from a Gornall corner. With minutes left on the clock Smith got in on the act when a burst from midfield saw him clean through on goal and he made no mistake hitting the ball across the advancing keeper giving him no chance for a comfortable win of five goals to nil.
Bow Street manager Andrew Simkin was delighted with the three points "it's turned out to be a good win today, not only performance wise but a couple of the teams above us have dropped points so we have been able to close the gap at the top. We have now picked up 11 points from a possible 15 and are unbeaten in 5 in the league, which is the kind of form we need going to Newbridge on Wye next Saturday which is going to be a very tough match" Simkin added "I thought our back three of Stefano Antoniazzi, Jac Williams and Neil Evans were superb today and for maybe the first time this season (with only Dylan Jones replacing Toby Spain in goal) I am hoping that everyone will be fit and available for the trip to Newbridge and the team picks itself".
Bow Street: T.Spain, N.Evans, J.Williams, I.Evans (J.Davies 79), S.Antoniazzi, C.Berner, D.Evans (L.O.Jones 79), M.Gornall, N.Smith, M.Pemberthy, M.Davies (L.Jones 69)
Saturday 3rd Nov 2012
Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Newbridge 1 v 1 Bow Street

A late Mattie Davies equaliser saw Bow Street preserve their unbeaten league run at a wind swept Newbridge Saturday. Street made one change from the side that had beaten Carno the week before with Dylan Jones replacing the unavailable Toby Spain in goal.
Newbridge started the game the better and it was obvious from the start that Street were going to have to be patient in their play with Newbridge happy to keep the ball along the back and in midfield, however as the half went on Street got into the game and created the better of the first half chances with Mattie Davies almost finding the net after Ian Evans put him through on goal and Davies also going close from long range, with goalkeeper Dylan Jones not having a first half save to make it was definitely the away side that went into the half time interval the happier of the two sides having created the better chances.
Newbridge started the second half much the better side but Street were proving a tough nut to crack with Stefano Antoniazzi and Jac Williams in superb form but on 75 minutes came the breakthrough in the match and it was the home side that took the lead when defender Neil Evans brought down the Newbridge winger just inside his own half when it appeared the player was through on goal, luckily Evans was only booked but from the resulting free kick Street failed to clear their lines and the ball landed kindly to the feet of the Newbridge full back who's sliced effort agonisingly managed to find its way into the bottom right hand corner. Then minutes later Evans and the same player he fouled moments earlier were involved in an off the ball scuffle, both players receiving a yellow card and Evans was sent off for his second booking of the match, the home player probably lucky himself to stay on the field. However Street still kept pressing and on 90 minutes a superb Danny Evans cross found Davies who's bullet header found the top corner and the game finished one all.
Manager Andrew Simkin was delighted with his teams efforts "taking everything into account, the travelling, the quality of the opposition, the horrible conditions and Neil's red card this was probably my most satisfying point of the season so far and one that I would have probably taken before the game" Simkin added "it extends the unbeaten run another game, defensively we are looking as solid as ever and with the strikers we have in our team we are always capable of scoring goals.  Special praise though today has to go to Stefano Antoniazzi and Jac Williams, both were absolutely superb".
Bow Street: D.Jones, N.Evans, J.Williams, I.Evans, S.Antoniazzi, C.Berner, D.Evans, M.Gornall, N.Smith, M.Pemberthy, M.Davies (L.O.Jones 90).  Sub not used: J.Davies
Saturday 10th Nov 2012
Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Bow Street 2 v 4 Builth Wells

Bow Streets unbeaten run came to a disappointing end on Saturday. Street made one change from the team that had drawn with Newbridge the week before with Liam Button replacing the suspended Neil Evans.
The home side dominated the first half, Mattie Davies missing one or two good chances and Danny Evans nearly scoring from distance with Builth happy to defend and try and catch the opposition on the break. The breakthrough came right on half time when some route one football saw Mattie Davies flick on a long clearance for Nicky Smith to lob over the advancing keeper and nod home from 2 yards which saw Street go in at half time deservedly one goal up.
The second half started much the same but when the visiting keeper saved well at his near post from a Davies effort the away side were spurred into action and a long range volley deflected of Liam Button and into the net much to the delight of Builths management, a succession of corners shortly afterwards saw Street unable to clear their lines and the ball was struck into the far corner of the net giving Dylan Jones no chance. Street pushed for an equaliser but were frustrated by some good defending from the away side who were now happy to go back to their original game plan of catching Street on the break and with 15 minutes to go this is what happened when Jac Williams and keeper Jones got into a tangle which allowed Builth a simple tap in to all but secure the three points. To their credit the home side continued to push for a goal and even introduced strikers Paul Keegan and Lee Jones to the game in an effort to get back into the game and with minutes to go Street were given a lifeline when Keegan cooly slotted home from 15 yards to put the game back on a knife edge but from the re-start Mikey Gornall gave away a penalty which Buith dispatched to take the three points.
Street manager Andrew Simkin was very disappointed after the game "Builth came here with a definite game plan in the first half to take a point, but our goal just before half time forced them to change this in the second half and that's exactly what they did. We were comfortable at half time and I couldn't see us losing the game but a mad 10 minutes early in the second half have cost us" Simkin added "on a positive note was Paul's first ever senior goal and at 16 years of age he could prove to be a real asset for this club for years to come".
Bow Street: D.Jones, L.Button (L.Jones 70), J.Williams, I.Evans, S.Antoniazzi, C.Berner (L.O.Jones 88), D.Evans, M.Gornall, N.Smith, M.Pemberthy (P.Keegan 73), M.Davies.
Saturday 24th Nov 2012
Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Berriew 4 v 1 Bow Street

Bow Street lost their second consecutive league match on Saturday at Berriew's Recreational Ground. Street welcomed back Lee Jones and Owain James to the starting eleven to replace the unavailable Jac Williams and suspended Neil Evans.

The away side started much the brighter and should of scored in the opening 8 minutes when a fine cross from Lee Jones found Mathew Davies who headed wide when he should of done better. Berriew began to play the poor conditions better and a slip by Liam Button allowed Berriew to open the scoring after 20 minutes, it was two nil moments later when some slack marking allowed the home side to score a headed goal from a corner. Street got themselves back in the game when Button ran all of 20 yards from midfield and shot low and hard to bring the away side back to within one goal but just on the stroke of half time game the killer blow when Berriew scored direct from a 25 yard free kick.

The second half saw a change of tactics and formation from the away side in a bid to get back into the game and play more down the flanks as the pitch was getting more and more heavier with the home side content to soaking up the pressure and constantly playing a long ball down into the far corner which kept the away side turning back towards their own goal, Davies had one or two half chances to bring Street back into the game but given their dominance in the second half Street were unable to get back into the game and Berriew scored with the last kick of the game after a defensive error to secure the three points.

Manager Andrew Simkin was disappointed with the result "in all fairness to Berriew they played the conditions far better than us, two of their goals were down to the slippery conditions and one was probably one of the best free kicks I have ever witnessed at this level" with no game this weekend Simkin added "we've now got to concentrate on a tough looking December, stop feeling hard done by and look to putting things right starting with Newbridge at home on the 8th".
Bow Street: D.Jones, I. Evans (L.O.Jones 46), C.Berner (J.Davies 84), S.Antoniazzi, O.James, L.Button, D.Evans, M.Gornall, N.Smith, L.Jones (M.Pemberthy 70), M.Davies
Saturday 8th Dec 2012
Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Bow Street 5 v 4 Newbridge

Bow Street put an end to their two previous league defeats on Saturday when they edged out Newbridge at Cae Piod in a nine goal thriller. Street were able to welcome back Neil Evans from suspension and also Jac Williams to the squad.

The home side started much the better and came out of the blocks determined to get the three points and two goals from the prolific Mattie Davies and one from Stefano Antoniazzi who was put through by a delightful flick from Mikey Gornall who was clearly enjoying his afternoon in the no.10 role inside the opening half an hour appeared to have achieved just this, but in all fairness to Newbridge they never gave in and five minutes later they reduced the deficit to two goals but when Davies completed his hatrick on 40 minutes after some fine wing play from Coner Berner Street appeared to have put the game to bed once again but a wicked deflection saw Newbridge pull another goal back just on half time to again put them only 2 behind at the break.
Newbridge started the second half much the better seemingly after being a lifeline just on half time and it was no surprise when they pulled the score back to within one goal on the hour, nerves started to kick in for the home side as Newbridge continued to press for an equaliser but a superb solo effort from Mathew Pemberthy gave the home side some breathing space once again, but Newbridge refused to surrender and in the 76th minute Davies was put through on goal, he rounded the keeper but was brought down, the keeper given his marching orders, Davies stepped up but put his penalty wide, Newbridge scored once again at the death but it was too little too late and Street held on for a valuable three points.
Manager Andrew Simkin was delighted to get the three points “I said to the players before the game that getting the three points today was all that mattered, so on that side of things I am happy, but we seemed to lose concentration at crucial parts of the match” Simkin added “In all fairness though, I think we deserved the three points and on another day could of easily of scored ten, had we been more clinical in front of goal”.
Bow Street: D.Jones, N.Evans, J.Williams, I.Evans, S.Antoniazzi, L.Button (M.Pemberthy 60), D.Evans, C.Berner (M.Loosely 80), N.Smith, M.Gornall, M.Davies. Unused Sub N.Davies
Saturday 12th Jan 2013
Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Bow Street 1 v 1 Llanidloes

After 5 weeks with no game Bow Street entertained Llanidloes at Cae Piod and only an 88th minute equaliser by Jamie Breese prevented the home side from taking all three points.

Owain James replaced Stefano Antoniazzi at the heart of the defence and Mathew Pemberthy replaced Penrhyncoch bound Liam Button who dropped to the bench. Stuart Fraser made his long awaited debut to partner Mattie Davies up front.

The match started with a minutes silence for club President Emlyn Rees.

In a tightly contested first half it was Street the made the first real opening, Davies testing visiting goalkeeper Dave Jones at his near post at the other end Karl Seilarts and Jamie Breese were up against a solid back three of Neil Evans and Jac Williams marshalled well by Owain James.  On the half hour Llanidloes were awarded a penalty for a handball by Evans during a goalmouth scramble however the ever reliable Gareth Mansell missing with Dylan Jones saving well to his left then on the stroke of halftime the hoes side made the breakthrough when Fraser with his back to goal swivelled superbly and hit an unstoppable shot across Jones and into the far corner to give Street a slender advantage at the break.

Llanidloes dominated the second half and only some last ditch defending and two magnificent saves from the home keeper kept Street in the game, having not played for some 5 weeks and the pitch becoming more and more heavy two home players were replaced with cramp and with minutes to go Breese tapped home at the far post for a deserved draw.
Manager Andrew Simkin was delighted with the draw "I would definitely have taken a point a today, Llanidloes have been flying of late and we haven't played for over a month so it was always going to be tough" Simkin added "I thought all the players played well today, Stuart had a very good debut and will only get better with games, Nicky Smith was superb in the middle of the park but special mention has to go to Dylan, he pulled off two brilliant saves in the second half after saving a penalty in the first which definitely won us a point today".

Bow Street: D.Jones, N.Evans, J.Williams, M.Pemberthy (L.Jones 80), O.James, C.Berner (I.Evans 75), D.Evans, M.Gornall (L.Button 70), N.Smith, S.Fraser, M.Davies

Saturday 26th Jan 2013
Central Wales Challenge Cup - Round 3

Bow Street 4 v 0 New Quay

Bow Street all but secured their passage to the next round of the CWFA Cup within the first 45 minutes at Cae Piod when they entertained New Quay on Saturday. Street made two changes to the team that had drawn in their last game against Llanidloes, Ian Evans and Lee Jones returning to the starting eleven in place of Mathew Pemberthy and Danny Evans who both dropped to the bench.
Street started the game brightly and were two up within the first 10 minutes, Mathew Davies teeing up Stuart Fraser on both occasions for him to score his second and third goals for the club in his first two appearances since joining in December. Fraser completed his hatrick on the stroke of half time after a sublime cross from Mikey Gornall found him in acres of space in the box and he slid in and slotted past the visiting keeper for the best goal of the match. New Quay were becoming more and more frustrated as they were reduced to only half chances at best.
The second half turned into a formality for the home side with the only disappointment being they didn't score more goals, Quay having a couple of chances from corners but home keeper Dylan Jones easily dealt with then on 75 minutes a brilliant pass by Lee Jones found Mattie Davies who slotted cooly past the keeper for his 18th goal of the season in all competitions.

Manager Andrew Simkin was happy to be facing Waterloo in the next round "today could of been a definite banana skin for us but getting two early goals helped settle the nerves but then we definitely took our foot off the peddle which was a little disappointing" Simkin added "Stuart will take all the headlines today with his hatrick and rightly so but today I thought Mattie showed that he isn't all about scoring goals by unselfishly teeing him up on two occasions when he could of taken the shot himself, the back three of Owain James, Jac Williams and Neil Evans also looked solid which bodes well".

Bow Street: D.Jones, N.Evans, J.Williams, I.Evans (M.Pemberthy 65), O.James, C.Berner, S.Fraser, M.Gornall (D.Evans 73), N.Smith, L.Jones, M.Davies (P.Keegan 77)
Saturday 2nd Feb 2013
Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Montgomery 2 v 2 Bow Street

Bow Street made the trip to Montgomery missing no fewer than four first team regulars so in came Stephen Harrison, Lee Owen Jones and Neil Davies from the reserves. Michael Gornall filled in at right back with Street forced to play a three man forward line due to having only three midfielder's in the squad.

Both sides started the game well and it was quite clear from the off that the two frontlines were going to be important, Elliott Jones and Barry Bellis starting well for the home side and Mattie Davies and Stuart Fraser putting in a shift behind Lee Jones the lone front man and the breakthrough came on 15 minutes when Jones gave Ian Evans the slip and he crossed superbly for a tap-in at the far post. After such a good start the away sides heads didn't drop for a minute and were unlucky not to be level 10 minutes later when Davies swivelled in the box to fire home, but the flag was off for a dubious looking offside decision, Fraser was then inches wide from a header before Jones fired a remarkable free kick straight into the top corner from all of 30 yards to give the home side a two goal cushion at half time.

Street came out second half all guns blazing and created several half chances before Danny Evans slotted Davies in on the hour and he made no mistake from inside of 18 yards with a brilliant finish, Monty were always looking dangerous on the break as the away side threw everything at the Monty rear guard and with just 1 minute remaining perseverance down the left by sub Lee Owen Jones, Fraser and Davies found full back Neil Evans who smashed the ball home much to the delight of the away bench. Both sides had a chance each to win it in injury time but the game finished two a piece which was probably a fair result on reflection.

Manger Andrew Simkin was delighted with his teams efforts "I think a two goal half time lead flattered Monty a little and at half time it was case of making the lads believe they still had a chance to get back into the game" Simkin added "its hard to pick a man of the match today as all of them played out of their skins Stuart and Mattie put in tireless running, Mikey had a superb game at right back but special mention has to go to my good mate Harry (Stephen Harrison), I know he is happy these days just playing for the reserves, but with so many unavailable I had to bring him in and considering he has only played half an hour of football since November he was brilliant and it was as if he has never been away".
Bow Street: D.Jones, S.Harrison, N.Evans, N.Smith, O.James, I.Evans, D.Evans, M.Gornall, S.Fraser, L.Jones (L.O.Jones 80), M.Davies. Sub not used: N.Davies
Saturday 16th Feb 2013
The Spar Mid Wales League Cup 12-13 - Round 1

Kerry 2 v 1 Bow Street

A poor first half cost Bow Street Saturday as they went out of the League Cup to Kerry. Street were again missing Owain James, Ian Evans, Lee Jones and the suspended Jac Williams so in came Lee Jones from the reserves for his first senior start of the season.
Kerry dominated the first half and Street were fortunate to go into the interval only one goal down however Mattie Davies had two efforts ruled off for offside.
A change of formation in the second half from the away side seemed to have the desired effect as the away side dominated the next 45 minutes and did everything but score, Davies missing from close range and Stuart Fraser also having a goal chalked off, once again for offside when everyone at the game thought it should of been given. However with just 5 minutes left the breakthrough came when a long range Fraser effort found its way into the bottom corner and with extra time looming Kerry went up the other end in only their second meaningful attack of the second half and scored a header direct from a free kick after some very slack marking in the box. Lee Jones went close when shaving the far post at the death but it was too late and Kerry will now entertain Rhosgoch in the last 16.
Manager Andrew Simkin was disappointed to be out of the cup "tactically I got it totally wrong first half on a very heavy pitch but saying this we were poor and were fortunate to go in at half time only one goal down. Second half we were a different team and totally dominated, on another day Mattie gets a couple of goals but Fraser's goal which was chalked off for offside should of definitely stood" Simkin added "we've now got only the league to concentrate on so accumulating as many points as possible over the next few months is the main target. The last couple of weeks I've had to chop and change the team, over the next few weeks I'm hoping things will settle down and I can start picking a more regular squad which will definitely help".
Bow Street: D.Jones, N.Smith, C.Berner, S.Harrison, N.Evans, M.Pemberthy, D.Evans, M.Gornall, S.Fraser, L.O.Jones, M.Davies. Sub not used. N.Davies.
Saturday 9th March 2013
Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Welshpool 2 v 1 Bow Street

Bow Street travelled to Welshpool on Saturday hoping to pick up their first elusive away win but it wasn't to be as two late goals left Street with too much to do on a disappointing day all round. Bow Street gave a debut to Dylan James and welcomed back captain Owain James to the starting eleven.
In a very even first half both teams had good chances to score, Mattie Davies having the best for the away side and Dylan Jones more than once saving his side at the other end but on a heavy pitch the first half finished goalless.
With the slight slope in Streets favour in the second half they changed formation in a bid to get their wide men more on the ball and it seemed to be working as the away side more than once opened up the Welshpool back four but were either unable to score or were flagged for offside on several occasions. The break through in the match came on 80 minutes when a wicked corner from Welshpool was turned into his own net by Nicky Smith and moments later James was harshly sent off on his debut for his second yellow card of the game. With a defender less and pushing for an equaliser Street were undone by a ball over the top and Welshpool scored to all but secure the three points but to their credit Street pulled a goal back when Davies scrambled home a Lee Jones freekick but there just wasn't enough time left to create another chance and Street slipped to their fifth league defeat of the campaign.
Manager Andrew Simkin was disappointed with the result "its very frustrating at the moment, little decisions are going against us of late at key points in a match. At times today we played some really good football but everytime we got into the final third we were flagged for offside, you could see this frustrating the players and it broke up any momentum we were able to produce". Simkin added "on a positive note I was happy that Mattie was able to get back on the goal sheet and I would also like to thank Kevin Jenkins and Gari Lewis for their co-operation in letting us bring in Dylan James from Penrhyncoch FC".

Bow Street: D.Jones, I.Evans, D.James, N.Smith, O.James, N.Evans, D.Evans, M.Gornall, S.Fraser, L.Jones, M.Davies.  Subs not used: M.Pemberthy, L.O.Jones, J.James.
Saturday 16th March 2013
Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Dyffryn Banw 1 v 3 Bow Street

Bow Street secured their first 3 points away from home on Saturday with a battling performance at Dyffryn Banw. Street welcomed back Mathew Pemberthy and Coner Berner in replace of the injured Danny Evans and suspended Dylan James.

Street started the game well and immediately put the home side on the back foot and it was no surprise when the prolific Mattie Davies fired home after just 10 minutes with a clinical finish from the inside left channel. The goal seemed to spur Banw into action and began to test the Street back four with long ball after long ball and it paid dividends mid-way through the half when Neil Evans failed to clear his lines and the ball landed to the feet of a Banw player who fired home from all of 20 yards in off the post to give Dylan Jones no chance. It was a pretty even first half after this with neither side able to create any clear cut chances and the sides went in 1 all at the break.

Banw started the second half the better side and created the best opening of the match on the hour mark but Jones made a brilliant save, this was the to be the turning point in the match and Street dominated the remainder of the game and created chance after chance and it was only a matter of time before they went ahead, Mathew Pemberthy going just wide before captain Owain James swept the ball home from 2 yards after some good play by Stuart Fraser. With just 10 minutes left on the clock cam the goal of the game, a raking 40 yard ball from full back Neil Evans put Davies through on goal, he calmly dummied the goalkeeper and slotted home at the near post to secure the three points.

Manager Andrew Simkin was happy to get his first away win of the season "its been a tough 7 weeks with away game after away game but I am happy we have finally broken our duck" Simkin added "I said once we secured our first win on our travels we would go on a bit of a run, with players returning thick and fast I hope I'm right. We've got Builth away Saturday which ends our run of away games they are top of the league so its a nothing to lose match which I'm sure will relax the players and see us give them a tough match".
Bow Street: D.Jones, N.Evans (N.Davies 78), C.Berner, N.Smith, O.James, I.Evans, M.Pemberthy, M.Gornall, S.Fraser, L.Jones (S.Harrison 60), M.Davies.

Saturday 6th April 2013

Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Llansantffraid Village 0 v 2 Bow Street

Goals in the first and last minute by the prolific Mattie Davies was enough to see off Llansantffraid on Saturday as Bow Street put to bed their disappointing Easter Weekend. Stuart Fraser returned to the starting 11 but were missing youngster Coner Berner who was still nursing an ankle injury picked up against Aberaeron.

Street got off to the perfect start when the home side lost possession straight from the kick off, a Neil Evans header finding Mikey Gornall who played in Stuart Fraser and he picked out Mattie Davies who made no mistake to give Street the perfect start. The remainder of the half was dominated by dogged defending by both sides which was no more shown by Dylan James, Ian Evans and skipper Owain James.

The second half saw Llansantffraid throwing everything at the away side but with James and Evans dominating the headers and the long ball it was only a matter of time before Street caught them on the break but time and time again Davies and Fraser were caught off side with the home defence playing a high line, however with only minutes of the match remaining Fraser once again found his strike partner Davies for him to score his second of the match and seal an important three points.

Manager Andrew Simkin was delighted with the win "Its never easy coming to Llansantffraid especially when they were on such a high after beating Four Crosses on Monday night, but we defended for our lives today which is something I haven't seen all season, and with the players at our disposal the other end we are always going to score goals". Simkin added "I said at the start of the season that if we could accumulate more points than last season then we would be moving in the right direction, there are still 27 points up for grabs for us which could see us finish the season on a high".

Bow Street: D.Jones, N.Evans (D.Evans 46), D.James, I.Evans, O.James, M.Pemberthy, G.ap.Dafydd, M.Gornall, N.Smith, S.Fraser, M.Davies.

Wednesday 17th April 2013

Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Bow Street 9 v 1 Dolgellau

Bow Street entertained struggling Dolgellau at Cae Piod. The away side turned up with only 8 players and Street took full advantage going three nil up within 15 minutes. Dolgellau's late car then turned up but even with 11 players it was one way traffic with the full time score ending 9-1. Stuart Fraser bagged a hat-trick, Mikey Gornall and Mathew Pemberthy a brace a piece and Mattie Davies and Paul Keegan bagging one each.

"Tonight turned out to be a lot easier than I expected as the score line suggests, but before the game I just wanted the three points after two disappointing home defeats. I had been hoping for a tougher match but on a positive note John James and Tom Williams made their senior debuts and Paul Keegan scored his second senior goal of the season"

Bow Street: D.Jones, N.Davies (J.Williams 46), D.James, N.Evans (J.James 46), O.James, M.Pemberthy (T.Williams 67), D.Evans, M.Gornall, P.Keegan, S.Fraser, M.Davies

Saturday 20th April 2013

Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Builth Wells v Bow Street

Saturday Street traveled to high flying Builth Wells and put in one of their best performances of the season. The away side dominated possession from start to finish but the first 45 minutes ended goalless

Street started the second half brightly and on the hour mark a Mikey Gornall free kick put Street ahead, and from here on in it was difficult to see anything other than 3 points but two lapses in concentration saw Builth take the lead, first with a header direct from a free kick and then Dylan Jones unable to punch the ball clear and Builth pounced to go ahead. All credit to the away side they continued to push for the equaliser and it came on 82 minutes when the home keeper decided to run the clock down with the ball at his feet, Mattie Davies closed him down thinking he would pick it up but after dummying to pick it up again, Davies poked the ball through his legs and into an empty net.

Manager Andrew Simkin was happy with the performance, "This afternoon's display was very satisfying, we played a team up until a few weeks were pushing for the championship and in all honesty it would have been a travesty had we come away from there with nothing as we were much the better side. At the moment I am down to the bare bones in terms of numbers, which is usually the case at this time of the season when you have nothing to play for and the transfer window is closed but the lads from the reserves have performed brilliantly, namely Neil Davies, John James, Paul Keegan and Lee Jones and I'll certainly be utilising them for the remainder of the season which will keep the more 'senior' players on their toes which will then hopefully see us finish the season with as many points as possible".

Bow Street: D.Jones, D.Evans, L.Jones, N.Evans, O.James, M.Pemberthy, N.Smith, M.Gornall, D.James, S.Fraser, M.Davies. Subs Not Used: J.James, N.Davies

Wednesday 24th April 2013

Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

UWA v Bow Street

This midweek encounter saw Bow Street go 1-0 down after only 10 minutes then not longer after Mattie Davies was sent off for a trailing elbow which caught the UWA defender in the face, however there was no intention and it seemed a little harsh. Stuart Fraser equalised on half time with a close range header from a Danny Evans cross.

A Dylan James free kick early in the second half gave Street the lead and further goals from Fraser and Lee Jones secured victory.

Manager Andrew Simkin was delighted after the UWA game "we put in a real shift today and to beat a very good UWA side with 10 men took a monumental effort and it was by far our best performance of the season" Simkin added "after the sending off I thought it would be backs against the wall but we came out fighting and this was typified by the performances of all the players but especially Stuart (Fraser) and Mathew (Pemberthy)".

Bow Street: D.Jones, D.Evans (J.James 85) L.O.Jones, M.Pemberthy, O.James, N.Evans, N.Smith (T.Williams 86), M.Gornall, D.James, S.Fraser, M.Davies. Sub not used. C.Berner

Saturday 27th April 2013

Spar Mid Wales League - Division 1

Waterloo 8 v 1 Bow Street

With no less than 8 players missing from the squad that had beaten UWA Street travelled to Waterloo in what was always going to be a tough game and found themselves 4-0 down at the break. Paul Keegan pulled one back in the first minute of the second half but shortly after Neil Evans was sent off and from then on it was one-way traffic, Waterloo scoring a further 4 goals.

On Saturdays hammering "after such a hard game in the week and the shortage of players within the club as a whole it was never going to be easy at Waterloo, a few of the players were carrying niggling injuries, my strike partnership of Stuart and Mattie were missing due to work commitments and suspension respectively which would be huge loss to any club in this league, so I was forced to play a few players out of position, and it told in the end. On reflection, given the time of year we did well, as a club, to even fulfill our two fixtures given the amount of players that were missing. We entertain UWA this weekend, I hope to get one or two back so I'll be looking for us to bounce back especially against a side who are at the moment are playing three times a week and we will of had a weeks rest".

Bow Street: D.Jones, N.Davies, D.James (T.Williams 46), S.Harrison, O.James, N.Evans, N.Smith, M.Gornall. D.Evans, I.Evans, P.Keegan.